Yesterday we raked leaves from the yard into the street. The city will be coming round on Monday and Tuesday to pick up all the leaves. It was good to be outside in the crisp fall weather, and good to be doing some physical work.
Now it's monday morning! There's a frost on the lawn, the skies are clear, I think it will be a beautiful day. I have to finish my packing, take the animals to the vet and then drive to the airport in Spokane for the trip to San Antonio, Texas, where we will spend Thanksgiving with family. I am looking forward to that! It's always relaxing and loads of fun to spend time with children (big ones!) and grandchildren. We have the full slate of activities - school visits, Sea World, turkey day, etc., planned to keep us busy. To say nothing of painting, gardening, and other things that need doing around the house. I also sorted out some knitting to bring with me. and of course, some work as well. I have some reading, editing, and grant thinking that I can be doing. It never seems to fade completely!
No comments:
Post a Comment