I want to know how it got to be Thursday already. Somehow I missed Wednesday totally, and didn't blog! I think I am coming down with a cold so went in search of Umqua, a cold remedy that Mama V told me about. I finally found it - according to the label it is based on a Zulu remedy using an extract from a geranium plant. I took it - we'll see.
We saw some blue sky today for the first time in a long while. Yesterday was really blustery and rainy. I made a soup for dinner. It was that kind of day. I also made a loaf of date and walnut bread - just like my mother used to make, and wow was that good! I hadn't made it in years. But I would be happy to share the recipe.
Here's what I have been pondering lately: Is mathematics discovered or invented? Do mathematical objects have an existence separate from that which we give them in our discourse about them? I think this question is akin to the one about the tree falling in the forest?! In other words, does a mathematical equation have any intrinsic existence, outside of the discourse in which we construct and use it?
No comments:
Post a Comment