Winter has hit the Palouse! It has been nice to just hunker down, stay warm, write Christmas cards, watch the snow fall, and watch all the different birds that visit our (6?) bird feeders around the house. There are juncos, purple finches, sparrows, goldfinches, chickadees, and even California quail! Not to mention the squirrels and the magpies who visit us frequently. This is when I wish I had Mama V's camera. Mine does not have enough zoom. But I took a pic of one of the bird feeders with purple finches on it and a quail on the ground.
This morning - at about 6 am - I saw a rabbit just hanging out in the garden. I watched him for quite some time and he just sat, contemplating life.
The snow is still coming down. We probably have close to 6 inches. Tomorrow the deep freeze is supposed to hit. 15 degrees for the high!
1 comment:
Wow...and we're supposed to be 81 degrees tomorrow. Enjoy the snow for us!!
Post a Comment