Why is it that when you have to get organized and leave town there seem to be a hundred different things to do. I started off the day with an email about some editing that I should have done weeks ago, and had not quite finished - so I got it finished first thing so that it wasn't in my way. Then I had an email from my colleague about our 2 o'clock meeting saying that she wasn't quite ready and it would be better if we used the time to work instead of meet. That was fine since i wasn't ready either.
So then we ran errands, mailed christmas cards and packages, registered the car in WA - not so easy since I still had a lien on the title and it is actually paid off but I couldn't prove it, so we have to wait for the bank to sign off on it.
Then we bought tire chains to make sure that we make it over all the mountain passes between here and Utah, via Montana.
Then of course, I forgot to pick up some videos at work that I need to bring with me for the break in case I get to doing some work; and fax my evaluation form back to UM since i haven't resigned yet. So it was back to the office again, and while I was there I dropped off some presents for office staff and chatted with them about their vacations.
Then it was home to pack, fill bird feeders, clean out the fridge, make sure mail is stopped and paper is stopped and ...
Not so easy to just leave town any more. so we will leave first thing in the morning. After coffee anyhow.
It is now 7:30pm and the temperature is 5 degrees Fharenheit! COLD!!!
Now, grandpa wants me to cut his hair with the Flowbee! This will be a first!! Check back in in half an hour and I'll tell you how it went.
1 comment:
So how's the flowbee? I mailed your christmas card to the Lolo house, but it came back undeliverable. I thought I was being clever 'cuz you'd get it while you were there, but I guess I'm too clever by half. See you soon!
Post a Comment