It seems like ages since I posted anything. My excuse - I was away over the Christmas break. So, today, we left Utah and drove back to Montana. We were very sad to leave after having had lots of fun with kids and grandkids - but not nearly enough time to do all the things we had hoped to do. I suppose that we did accomplish rather alot - I made 5 Christmas stockings, two batches of shortbread (one of them orange, as per G'pa Irv's request), a gingerbread house, almost three bathrobes, and a birthday necklace! Not bad for just over a week. Needless to say I feel as though I have not had any exeercise in as long. But the weather just didn't cooperate. We had taken our snowshoes with us, but most days it was about 10 degrees or so, and windy!
On the drive back up here we encountered every imaginable weather pattern - from cold and grey and snowy when we let Park City at 7 am, through icy and snowpacked interstate with several accidents and one large multi-car pileup, to driving snow, rain and strong winds to blue sky and 40 degree temps.
Here in Lolo it is not too cold, and not rainy or snowy, although it has snowed some in the last week. We will stay here for a day or two before we head back to Pullman.
It sure is quiet without three little girls around! We really enjoyed our time with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment