Background

Friday, December 5, 2008

I watched the movie "Iris" tonight about the author and philosopher Iris Murdoch. I have decided that Kate Winslett is a great actress. She does a great job plyaing Iris. The film is really well done. In the movie it is mentioned that Iris Murdoch wrote about what it means to be good. I'd like to read what she had to say. I have only read one of her books - The Dark Prince - and that was a long time ago. I'd like to contrast that with what it means to be mean. What does that mean?

I really enjoyed my evening. My better half? was off taking tickets at the basketball game tonight. I stayed home and relaxed, had some wine, ate dinner, and baked a christmas cake and two baguettes. It is so nice to be at home by myself and just putter around. Keeps me sane.

No comments: