Today is the last day of the semester. There was a HUGE full moon out there last night as I walked home from work. Today it has turned cold and wet - we had some snow earlier and now it is blustery and sleety. We are forecast to have as much as 10 inches of snow tonight.
After work I walked down the hill into town to Merry Cellars, our favorite winery here, to take part in the annual barrel tasting event. Tonight, they featured three of their wines - Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenere, and Merlot. We tasted the wine right out of the barrel. Each of them was distinctive, but all three were excellent. It is so nice to know that we have particpated in the crushing of the grapes that went in to making the wines. We feel a sense of ownership and loyalty. Mama-V will be happy to know that we bought 3 bottles to bring for christmas.
1 comment:
MMMM.... I hope at least one was Carmenere!
Post a Comment