I've been sick all week with a cold. Feeling really tired and drained. Yesterday I went in to work, but by 10 o'clock realized that I had absolutely no energy and just had to go home. I vegged on the couch all day doing absolutely nothing, which is what I had done for most of the week. I just hope that I regain some energy soon. I think that the weather isn't helping - it has been cold and wet all week, even snowed a heavy wet snow one day. But this weekend is looking up - it's supposed to be dry, sunny and relatively warm. Perhaps as much as 60 degrees! I think that will make a big difference, especially seeing the sun. Everyone at work is tense and nervous, the state budget is in the toilet and the University has been asked to cut 20 - 30% of its budget! That's huge and lots of people stand to lose their jobs. Morale is low and everyone is gloomy.
We definitely need a shot of spring here on the Palouse to brighten things up! I have to say I really enjoy watching the spring birds - house finches, goldfinches, juncos, chickadees, sparrows and even redwing blackbirds who visit our 6 or more bird feeders on a daily basis. Even the squirrels are cute, trying their best to get their share of the birdfood! Isaac the cat also enjoys watching them and chatters uncontrollably to them through the window!
No comments:
Post a Comment