Background

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Has it been almost a week! This week went fast. I submitted another grant this week - I think I must have authored or co-authored about 8 or 9 this semester. Must be an all-time record. What will I do if they all get funded?!! No worries, they won't.
I had been neglecting Riley all week - minimal walks around the block and promises of more later. She suffers when G'pa is away and I am at work all day. So I mad eup for it today by taking her for a long walk. I had heard that the grizzly bears had had two new cubs and so we walked from the house, out around by the golfcourse, past the grizzlies and back to campus. Probably about 3 miles at least, maybe more. It was a bit crsip - sunny but breezy, but I took off without a jacket and so we walked briskly to keep warm. Riley has been sleeping ever since! I think I wore her out. Myself too.
But, I noticed when I got back that the fertilizer that G'pa so thoughtfully put on the lawn before he left is really doing its job well. The grass really needed mowing. So I mowed the lawn. Just as well since it started to sprinkle just as I was finishing up!
I went to a UUCP potluck at the assissted living and retirement community in town. It was a pleasant evening.
I think now it's early to bed and a good night's sleep. I have papers to grade and an exam to write, but that will all wait until morning.

No comments: