I'm trying to think of something erudite to post about my day - but for the life of me I can't think what that might be!! I got up and got going and walked to work by 8am. I spent most of the morning on the phone with a school superintendent trying to help him get registered at the government website so taht we could include his school district in our big grant. It took most of the morning on the phone! Then a couple of my students came in to see me, and brought me fudge! It was really great to spend some time helping them with their math and then talking in general about their plans. They are both planning to become mathematics teachers. I look at these young men with such admiration wanting to follow such a vocation , knowing full well that they won't eve make tons of money doing it. It is not because of the money. This is why I do what I do.
I taught both my classes, posted several documents on the website for the grant, talked with the evaluation team for the grant about their budget and how we were going to make this all work. All the while, I had posted an ad on Criaglist for a house cleaner earlier this week and have been inundated with emails in response to that. What did we ever do without Craigslist? I took the bus home since I felt too tired to walk. I have sat and relaxed, read the mail and the paper, watched Jeopardy! and now it's time to eat.
So now I neeed to cook and eat some dinner. I have marinated some chicken breast and will probably stir fry it and eat, then fall into bed and sleep til morning. My life is so boring! Riley would agree - she is mad becuase she didn't get a walk today. I promised her I will walk her in the morning.
So that's my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment