I hope you haven't all gone away! I realize that if I don't blog every day then you don't check in every day. but here I am, back again.
I went to Orlando to a professional meeting last week. Busy, busy. But G'pa and I took half a day off to go to the Kennedy Space Center and take the tour around to see where they launched all the space missions. It was cold and windy, but lots of fun and very interesting to be there.
The last day in Orlando was warm and sunny and "poolside" weather. Mid 70's probably.
It's been "hit the ground running" since I got back. Just a blur of working, teaching, and working on writing grants. I am working on several right now and deadlines are looming.
I woke early this morning, thinking about what we'd left off the grant budget, walked the dog around the block - she has been needing a walk - G'pa left her leash and pinch collar in his car at the airport so I had to replace that - took me two days of calling around etc. to find somewhere that had them in the area that I could actually get to after work before they closed! I still am getting used to the fact that we are living in "not 24/7 land". Drove to Moscow yesterdya and made it to the stor 10 minutes before they closed at 6 p.m.
Didn't get home tonight until after 6 p.pm. I fell asleep on the bus on the way home from work (I was too tired to walk) and missed my stop and had to walk quite a long way anyhow! Since I got home I veg'd for about half an hour, fixed dinner, ate, fed dog and cat, read mail, looked for the newspaper that didn't come tonight for some reason, posted an ad on Criagslist for a house cleaner and now here I am blogging. But I have a briefcase full of homework assignments to grade - that 's what I get when I go out of town for two trips in the last two weeks - and have a meeting in Moscow at the University of Idaho at 8 in the morning. Have to pick up a colleague at 7:20am. So, life goes on!
2 comments:
I'm still here! Sounds like we're both busy these days. Hopefully things will slow down soon!
Busy, busy. Working hard. What would you do with a day off anyways!!??!!
Post a Comment