Background

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some catching up!

I didn't realize that I hadn't blogged in so long! Time flies when you're having fun! Except that it wasn't really. I had some weird digestive tract ailment for several days - thankfully it seems to have gone, but while I had it I felt nauseous, sick, headachy, stomach upset, etc. - and now just when that has finally gone, the last couple of days my back has been killing me. I took two long walks today, and have made a commitment to keep doing it - Riley (the dog) is really happy about that decision.

The reason my back is aching is that I sat for nearly four days working on a grant proposal that finally went in on Monday at 3pm - a full 2 hours before the deadline! I just can't sit like that, my back just won't take it.

So today I took the day off and just stayed at home. It was a lovely day - 50 degrees and sunny and I enjoyed most of it.


We had our new hottub delivered and it is sweet!! Here it is: It's the one on the bottom right - the Jetsetter. I couldn't seem to find a separate picture. Oh well ...:(











I am just waiting for it to heat all the way up and I will be in it! My back will love it. We also got DirectTV today. I am not so happy about that. The TV has been on in the living room most of the evening. I muted it twice, and then my better half unmuted it - then promptly left for the "boys room" leaving me to listen to it! this is exactly why I hate TV. but then, when Wimbledon is on I will be happy.


I talked with my brother Jeremy today too. He is a bit bored I think since he is not working having been laid off before Christmas.


He will possibly be in the US on a consulting job in March in Florida- I am trying to convince him that he would like to come and visit me.

He also sent me a couple of photos of me from Jocelyn's wedding earlier this year. Here they are:


You may notice my mother in the background of this one, and Jeremy to my left.












This next one is just of me - trying to understand the Portugese ceremony I think.






























I have also spent quite a bit of time this past week looking at Greek tourist guides. I am hoping to go to Greece this July - to a professional meeting for about 5 days - and then perhaps see a bit of the Greek Islands before coming back to the US. It has been fun to browse the books and try to decide where would be fun to visit.

2 comments:

Nina said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. No just get that back in shape!! The hot tub will definitely help that.

You look beautiful at the wedding.

Make sure you scope out some great places in Greece, so we can hit the best ones in 2011. I'm saving up!!

vickybu said...

Wow, you look fantastic in those wedding photos! Sorry about the DirecTV, but maybe I'll come up and watch Wimbledon with you!