I can't believe it's been another week. But, here's what happened. I worked really long and hard last weekend to get a grant submitted by the 5 pm deadline on Monday. We got it done - by 3 pm! With two hours to spare. But I paid the price - my back was just aching from all that sitting and all the stress of the deadline, together with the first day of classes being last Monday. My back just got worse and worse all week - to the point where I couldn't sit, I could hardly turn over or get out of bed, and walking was extremely painful. but I knew that I had to walk to get better, so riley got more walks last week than usual. I tried to walk twice a day. It paid off, and now I am feeling much better. I was even able to get out of bed and not be gripped with back spasms and pain. At the same time this week our hot tub was delivered and hooked up and I have been in it at least twice a day most days. Nice because the weather is drab and grey and foggy. Every once in a while the sun breaks through and the trees look lovely with all the frost on them.
Today was a good day - a day off. I didn't get out and volunteer, but I did get some things done at home. slowly chipping away at the backlogged work that I need to get done. And now of course I have two more grant proposals in the works. I will need to be more careful about letting them sneak up on me.
I have been reading The Power of Now as my "bathroom book" It is pretty good for that - you really need to take it in short bursts and then just reflect on it. I am also reading a biography of Florence Nightingale. quite interesting! Quite an amazing woman.
In between, I am watching some TV - the pre-inauguration activities and also the Australian Open Tennis Tournament.
So that's my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment