I just got back from Sleeping Lady resort in Western Washington near Leavenworth. It was a retreat for WAToToM - Washington Teachers of Teachers of Math. It was a great weekend - way too much food! And very good to boot! Good people, good interactions, good work done!
I heard tonight that my oldest grandson won lots of medals at a state meeting of UIL. He is a math whiz! A genius!
Here's the website for UIL - University Interscholastic League - http://www.uil.utexas.edu/
The results aren't posted yet but they should be soon.
I am also reading a new book - see my bookshelf- Speaking Truth to Power, by Anita Hill. It is a fascinating account of an important sexual harrassment case that I remember quite clearly. I am very interested to read her account of it all. She will be at WSU later this month to speak.
1 comment:
Oooh, how interesting. I'll have to add that to my Bookswim pool!
Post a Comment