G'pa is in Atlanta and I have been working hard getting ready for this coming semester. It has been nice to have lots of uninterrupted time to get work done. And yet ... this evening I wrote this...
Incongruous
I miss my partner – is that what you call love?
Love every new idea for fifteen minutes says Dr Phil. What a good idea – we should try that.
I don’t feel right with you half (or more) a continent away. We are somehow partners, even though we rub each other the wrong way many times.
You are my familiar. I am your grounding.
This house is somehow empty and vacant and wanting and missing something.
What is it about traveling around the world?
Yes it’s fun and interesting to see places I’ve never seen before.
But, there are lots of places here that we can explore.
And also, I think that perhaps there’s something of an element of escape in travelling.
What am I running from? Why am I not content with place?
I can think of lots of reasons to stay home for the summer and not travel.
Mostly gardening.
Being attached to place.
Being grounded.
What are we waiting for?
Libby
August 11, 2009
3 comments:
Interesting...putting down roots is not in my nature either...is this where I get it from?
Thank you for the very pleasant expression of love. I look forward to sharing that sense of enjoying being together each day also when I am actually around. I love you too and I want to eliminate the negative aspects one by one.
Love Irv
loved your words. something about feeling you're exactly where you're supposed to be.
Post a Comment