Background

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

If anybody is still out there... I am back! I have been gone since May 9th. I went to Thailand and Cambodia and I posted a few photos but never got back to the rest, as I promised. Then, it was off to Texas (see my daughter's blog (Nina's blog) for pictures from that visit. Then to Park Cit, Utah, for two other grandchildren (the third was off at her other grandma's). More about all this later.
But now, I have to tell about my latest acquistion: A Bajaj Legend, a scooter! But what a scooter! It is big and heavy and more like a motorcycle. It weighs 250 pounds and has 145 cc! which seems powerful to me - never having ridden a motorcycle (except as a passenger).
here's a picture of it:


Here's another!


I picked up the study guide for motorcycle riding and studied it today. Then I went and took my written test, and passed it!!! So now I have a permit to ride the bike during daylight hours, and without any passengers. I have to take my "driving" test within 90 days. So, I have some time to practice. It is fun to ride!!
More about my summer later. I jsut want to say that taking care of four (or even two) children is a full time job. DOn't let anyone tell you otherwise. I had no down time espeically with the younger ones, and felt quite tired when the two weeks were over. Very enjoyable, but it took lots of energy. I am used to having lots of quiet time these days.
My Grandaughter (Miss D) decided she liked to take naps with me so she and I slept most afternoons for an hour or two. That saved me!!!

1 comment:

Nina said...

What a scooter babe!! You're a hip grandma, even if watching them takes all you've got. We appreciated it soooo much. Thanks and rest up!!